Touch the Sky


"...for the day I die, I'mma touch the sky..." These are the Kanye West lyrics that flow out of my computer's speakers and gets me thinking about what are my goals, dreams and aspirations.  I certainly can say that my goals, dreams, aspirations, etc. have changed so much within the last 2 years. I have gone from not wanting to purchase a house to wanting to purchase a house, from continuing to work in the legal field to wanting to enter different fields (yes not one field but several fields). I really want to spread my wings and fly. I want to reach everything I set my mind to.  I just have to put effort and hard work.  Here are some of the projects I'm currently working on:

1. Purchasing a house: I started saving money. This is the hardest thing to do since bills need to paid and I like to live very comfortably. However, since I want to purchase a house, living comfortably has been put on hold. I'm giving up a comfortable life for a great life. So, I treat my savings account as a bill that I have to pay every month. Sometimes, I try to pay my savings account twice a month. In paying the savings account twice, living gets a bit tight (but hey gotta do whatever it takes to "touch the sky").  The goal at the end of this year (2014) is to have at least saved up half of the money that would be needed to pay closing costs. 

2. Blogging. I would like start a blogging website. Before I start the blogging website, I'm doing research on how to start, what I want to write about, write some content, and what do I really want to put out there in the world. I'm still working out all the kinks for the time being however I think I must improve my writing. So to improve the writing, I'm using this platform as a stepping stone. The goal is to write about anything at least once a week on this platform.

3. Videos. I started making videos about a 1 year or 2 ago and the original idea behind this project was to record everything in a year and then look back and see what I did that year, like a video diary of some sort. The first year it was not that successful (in my eyes) because I only recorded and uploaded like 6 videos (I think). Stylistically, I think I can do better.  The idea now has evolved into how creative can I get with the footage I record whether it be a vlog or a fashion shoot.  The goal with this project is to uploaded a creative video 1 once a month. 

There are other projects I would love to launch but for right now I have to concentrate on working on the above projects. All these projects require a lot of time, effort, energy and creativity. I hope that I can complete the projects (even though these projects are really never ending and are ever changing). By the end of this year, I probably give myself an evaluation. The evaluation will help me see what areas need improving. I will have to remember to be gentle with myself, since I am my worst critic, and that some day I will touch the sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gerold Chuchi Unbrellas in Zurich, Switzerland

Cruise to Grand Cayman

The Hangover Cruise