A good cause: Wear to Now




Wear to Now

Recently, one of my co-worker and now friend, Edyna Garcia, saw my latest video, Labor Day Weekend Cruise, and asked if I can do a video for her project, Wear to Now. I’m not going to lie, at first I was a bit nervous to do the video since I have to meet someone else's expectations. I think that’s the point I understood how artists feel about their work being a part of them and being protective about their work.

Edyna explain to me that her project was about a fashion blog concentrating on women battling cancer or that had cancer and that the project would provide an opportunity for these women to discover beauty and art through fashion. Also, the project is a dedication to her beloved grandmother, Hada Bejar Garcia, who lost her battle to cancer in February of 2014. Hada Bejar Garcia was a famous Cuban actress, writer and patron of the arts.  And just like her grandmother, Edyna has inherited a love for the arts and fashion. After she told me everything about her project, I thought it was a fantastic idea. I decided right then and there to do the video. It think it's a wonderful opportunity for these courageous women to show cause the battle scars and move forward with their goals and dreams.

The Video

The video is about a young woman by the name of Jannelle Achaval who had Clear Cell Carinoma on her lip. Luckily, she only had to do a lip wedge surgery and did not need chemotherapy or radiation therapy.  For more information on Jannelle and her fight against cancer, watch her story: Wear to Now: A day with Jannelle Achaval. I hope you enjoy watching the video.
 
Visit Wear to Now for more information on the project. Donations are welcomed  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gerold Chuchi Unbrellas in Zurich, Switzerland

Cruise to Grand Cayman

The Hangover Cruise