Never Forget 9/11






On 9/11/2001, on this particular morning I woke up feeling sad not because I knew what was going to happen (maybe subconsciously) but because I wanted my mom to be healthy.  The previous year, late November, she had fallen into a diabetic coma and kept in a coma by the doctors for a period of time.  She came out of the coma in January 2011 but she wasn't the same.  She needed assistance to do to everything.  She hated it because she was always a very independent person and at that point in time she had to depend on others and that was horrible for her.  I miss her.  I eventually lost her December of that year.

Anyhow, I digress.  On this particular morning, I remember everything. It's funny how I can't remember what I did yesterday but I can remember this particular day clearly.  Although it's been 13 years since the tragic event occurred, we Americans never forget.  I didn't lose a family blood member or a friend on that day but in way I did lose family members of my country.  I didn't know them but they were a part of my nation's family.  My family. My country, United States of America.  The terrorists may have instill fear and terror that day but they will never take away our courage and our freedom.  We will continue to fight for what is right and for justice. 

Rest in peace to all those souls who died on September 11, 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gerold Chuchi Unbrellas in Zurich, Switzerland

Cruise to Grand Cayman

The Hangover Cruise